- Born in 1980 in Brême, Germany
- 1998 – 1999 : Graduates in Plastic Arts, University Marc Bloch, Strasbourg, France
- 2000 – 2004 : Graduates with honours from a National Diploma of Plastic expression, specialised in textile design, School le Quai, Mulhouse
- 2005 – 2006 : Textile designer/graphic and object designer – Bureau de Création Projectif, Paris
- 2006 : Obtains a PGCE in Plastic Arts
- Plastic Arts teacher
- 2010 – 2012: Graphic designer; Webdesigner and textile/object designer – OMAE Creation
- 2013 – 2014 : obtains a complementary certificate to teach a non-linguistic discipline (Plastic Arts) in German
- 2015 – 2020 : Creation of a series of photographs and writing work
- 2020 – 2021: Presentation of photographies on the platform for Maison Contemporain
Geraldine Wilcke’s photographs can be seen as the testimony, the trace or the imprint of a long and meticulous work around architecture, light and shadow. Her approach is the result of multiple inspirations such as Anish Kapoor, Pierre Soulages, Jean Nouvel, Daniel Buren or Josef Albers, to name but a few.
As in a theatre of forms, the artist assembles, sculpts or simply places materials such as paper, metal or Plexiglas. She dictates the role of each on the stage and gives them a voice through materials, shadows and reflections.
The minimalism, the perfectly controlled geometry and the purity that emerge from her work, question our notion of reality. Are we faced with a work of art, a performance or the sole trace of an ephemeral plastic creation?
Whichever way you look at it, the feeling of preciousness that emanates from Géraldine Wilcke’s works is due to their formal quality as much as to their material non-existence. Thus, the artist captures the elusive and shows us a fragment of a second that she will have constructed in several hours.
2023: “-,=,+,” Galerie Wagner, Paris
Exposition en Duo – Géraldine Wilcke et Gerhard Frömel, Bruxelles, Belgique
2022 : La couleur en mouvement, Galerie Wagner, Paris
Art Paris Art Fair, avec la Galerie Wagner, Paris, France
Exposition « Why White », Galerie Wagner, Paris, France
2020 : Exposition à l’Espace Bertrand Grimont, Paris, France
2004 : Exposition au Musée d’Impression sur Etoffes, Mulhouse, France
2002 : Exposition à la Biennale du design de Saint Etienne, France